Bruce Allan qualified in medicine from Cambridge in 1985 and was appointed as a Consultant Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital in 1998 after advanced specialist training in the UK, South Africa, and Australia.
With a strong track record in surgical innovation and over 50 publications in international medical journals, he is one of the UK’s leading academic refractive surgeons.
More information can be found at www.allan.vu.
Current professional activities include:
• NHS practice specializing in cataract surgery and corneal transplantation
• Private practice specializing in laser eye surgery and implants for vision correction
• Regular presentations at international research meetings, press, radio and television comment on developments in laser eye surgery, cataract and corneal transplantation
• Peer review for international medical journals and research grant funding bodies
• Specialist advice for NICE and MHRA
Current research interests include
• Multiple regression analysis to enhance accuracy in wavefront LASIK
• New techniques of corneal endothelial tranplantation for Fuchs dystrophy
• Non-transplant interventions for keratoconus
Clinic name Moorfields Eye Hospital
Qualification MD FRCS FRCOphth
Address Moorfields Eye Hospital, 162 City Rd, London EC1V 2PD
Area Central London
Telephone 02075662156 (practice manager Miss Angelique Singh)
- Qualification : MD FRCS FRCOphth
Mr Bruce Allan MD FRCS FRCOphth
Moorfields Eye Hospital
Phone : 02075662156
162 City Rd,
Area : London, East Central