Yorkshire Eye Hospital was founded by a consortium of Yorkshire based Consultant Ophthalmologists with the aim of creating a centre of excellence for ophthalmic care. The hospital offers treatments and procedures for all types of eye conditions, performed by a team of surgeons who are experts in their field, using the most advanced equipment and technology available in the UK.
Whether you want to improve your vision or need treatment for specific eye conditions such as Cataracts, Glaucoma, Corneal Grafting and Macular eye disease, Yorkshire Eye Hospital can deliver a completely personalised treatment for you along with an unrivalled level of care and service.
For patients seeking improved vision and independence from glasses and contact lenses, the hospital offers a complete range of refractive surgery treatments.
Laser Vision Correction
Yorkshire Eye Hospital offers both LASIK and LASEK procedures for Laser Vision Correction.
All of our laser treatments use the Wavelight Concerto™, the fastest excimer laser available anywhere in the UK. This state of the art equipment enables our surgeons to correct your vision with incredible accuracy and precision, delivering consistently impressive results and an extremely swift rate of recovery. Incredibly, it can take less than 5 seconds to correct each eye.
The FEMTO LDV Femtosecond Laser
The LDV femtosecond laser is an advanced and blade free way of creating the flap required in LASIK procedures. The LDV laser works by creating a flap on the corneal tissue with extremely short laser pulses and without generating heat. It creates miniscule bubbles which create a flap edge for easy opening without using a blade of any kind. The bubbles disintegrate instantly when the flap is lifted. This treatment is only available for LASIK patients, not for LASEK patients.
Advantages of using the FEMTO LDV Laser:
• Rapid healing and visual recovery
• A gentler experience than conventional LASIK treatments
Advanced Laser Surgery Equipment
The Yorkshire Eye Hospital uses the latest advancements in laser technology in the form of the Wavelight Concerto™ laser, for both LASIK and LASEK procedures. This is the first laser that checks and logs the entire procedure in real-time.
Benefits of using the ALLEGRETTO WAVE Concerto™ Laser:
• Greater convenience due to a shorter and more comfortable treatment
• Minimal treatment time - the treatment will be completed in seconds rather than minutes, which reduces the risk of post operative complications.
The Hospital holds regular Vision Correction Open Evenings to discuss treatment options, meet the consultants and previous patients.. In order to establish which treatment you may be suitable for, you would need to attend a free of charge no obligation consultation. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to email@example.com
For those not suitable for laser vision correction, the Yorkshire Eye Hospital offers refractive lens implants.
If you wear contact lenses, please bear in mind that you will need to leave soft lenses out for two weeks before a consultation and for four weeks if you wear hard or gas permeable lenses.
- Laser Used: The Hospital uses two lasers – the Ziemer LDV Femtosecond laser with its technologically advanced Z-LasikTM system to create the flap (for LASIK procedures) and the state-of-the-art WaveLight CONCERTO eximer laser which is incorporates numerous technical advances, such as high speed eye trackers, online pachymetery (measurements of corneal thickness made during the treatment) and super fast, small spot size ablations using ‘Perfect Pulse Technology.’
- Average Surgery Price: £2,925.00
Clinic : Yorkshire Eye Hospital
937 Harrogate Road
Phone : 0845 456 2021
Area : Yorkshire
Postal Code : BD10 0RD
Postal Town : West Yorkshire
Country : England